Here at The Cartridge Place in Newmarket, we’ll often get calls from customers having issues with one of their printers. Check out these tricks of the trade below to see if they alleviate the problem for your Brother printer!
If your ink jet cartridges are not empty, but your printer won’t print, here is a fix.
Use the clean print head function from the menu on the printer. Look for maintenance or clean print heads option. If it has been a period of time since you used your printer, you may have to use this function multiple times to clear the blockage. There may also be a deep clean function that you can access from your PC, here’s how. Right click on the Microsoft start button on the bottom of your screen. Look for control panel, printers and faxes. Highlight your printer name and then left click, go to properties. Look for the maintenance tab or colour management tab.
For these Brother printers your cartridge # would likely be LC-51, 61, 71, 75, 79.
If your printer does not recognize your toner cartridge, here is a fix.
- Open the front cover and quickly press the number 1.
- Now the touch screen gives you choices to reset the toner, depending if you have standard capacity TN-310 or high capacity TN-315. K = black.
All Monochrome Brother laser printers drum unit:
If you changed the drum unit on your Brother printer, but the light keeps flashing or you are still getting the replace drum soon message, here is a fix.
- When you change the imaging or drum unit in your printer you must tell the printer that you have done so, by following the reset instructions.
- Laser Printer: After replacing the drum unit , keep the front cover open. Press and hold the GO button for 4 seconds until all the LED’s light up. Close the door. The counter is reset.
- DCP model: To confirm you are using a new drum, press the UP arrow key.
- MFC model (multi-function): To confirm you are using a new drum, press 1 and then answer the question shown on the display of the printer.
- Laser Printer: Open the front cartridge door, Press and hold the GO button for 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up. Once all the LEDs are lit, release the GO button, close the door. The counter is reset.
- DCP and MFC Models: After replacing the drum unit, keep the front cover open. (Make sure power is on). Press CLEAR/BACK button on the display panel.
- DCP models: To confirm you are using a new drum, press the UP ARROW key. When the display shows ACCEPTED, close the front cover. The counter is reset.
- MFC models: To confirm you are using a new drum, press 1 on the display. When the display shows ACCEPTED, close the front cover. The counter is reset.
- Laser Printer: Make sure the printer is turned on and the drum LED is blinking. Open the cartridge access door. Press and hold the GO button for 4 seconds until all your LEDs come to life. When all of these are it up, release the GO button. Close the door and the counter is now reset.
- DCP models: Replace the drum, keep the front door open, and make sure the power is on. Push the CLEAR/BACK button on the display panel. Confirm you are using a new drum by pressing the UP arrow key. This will bring up the word ACCEPTED in the display. Close the cover and the counter is reset.
- MFC models: Replace the old drum and keep the front cover open and be sure power is on. Press the CLEAR/BACK button on your display panel. Confirm a new drum is being used by pressing 1, and look for the word ACCEPTED to come up. Close the front cover and the counter is reset.
Did any of these fix your problem? We’d love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a link back to your own blog too if you have one via the commentluv feature here on the site. If you have any questions about the functionality of any printer, we are only a phone call away and would be happy to help.
Until next time,